Struggling to button-up your jeans?
You’re not alone.
Abdominal weight gain is a common symptom of the menopause.
But, trying to shift it can feel pretty frustrating.
So, what causes the notorious middle-aged spread?
There are lots of reasons behind this weight gain—a drop in oestrogen levels, low quality sleep, a slower metabolism, and weaker muscle tone thanks to natural aging.
What can you do about it?
- Eat a healthy diet packed full of fresh vegetables and fruit.
- Exercise regularly focusing on a mixture of strength (weights), endurance (aerobic), and flexibility (yoga or Pilates).
- Practice good sleep hygiene—no coffee before sleep, a regular bedtime routine, no screens, warm bath, listen to a podcast or sleep meditation.
- Drink lots of water to avoid dehydration.
- Be kind to yourself—surround yourself with positive people and affirmations.
Here at Kira, we are passionate about helping women lead a more active, balanced & productive life during the menopausal years.
--- > more in BIO https://www.kiraforwomen.co.uk/index.php/articles