kira for women logoThe natural choice for women's health

Where To Buy Kira

Health News

We at Kira like to keep up to date with what’s going on in the health world, so here are the latest health stories that are in the headlines

THR LogoTraditional Herbal Remedies

Kira® Body Balance 40+

Vitamin Complex with 850mg Calcium

 

 

Order online now

FAQs


Why do we need calcium?

Calcium is a mineral our bodies need to maintain healthy bones and teeth. Once a woman reaches menopause (the average age is 51), bone density often declines. That’s why an adequate amount of calcium is especially important during this stage of a woman’s life.


Where is calcium found?

According to the boffins at Harvard Medical School, 99% of calcium in the body is stored in our bones and teeth. The other 1% can be detected in tissues and blood.


How much calcium do we need?

Women aged 50 and over should aim to get 1200 mg of calcium from their diet each day. This equates to the amount of calcium in two to three glasses of milk in addition to a nutritious diet. Calcium supplements which commonly come as liquid or tablet carbonate or citric acid salts can help safeguard dietary intake. Calcium citrate is soluble and can be taken on an empty stomach.


What are the most calcium rich foods?

As well as milk, calcium is found in dark green leafy vegetables like greens, spinach and kale. Other sources include salmon, sardines, legumes and dried beans.

© 2018 Klosterfrau Healthcare Group Privacy Policy | Terms & Conditions | Site Map

Home
Products
Kira Menopause relief
Kira PMS relief
Kira Restful sleep
Kira LowMood relief
Kira Body Balance 40+
Taking Body Balance 40+
Ingredients and Nutritional information
FAQs
Kira Hormonal Balance
Health & Fitness
Health News
Our Herbs
Where to Buy
ARTICLES
kira for women logoThe natural choice for women's health
Powered By Intergage | www.intergage.co.uk